Sunday, April 26, 2009

This Week in Running (TWIR): 4.20.09 to 4.26.09

Once I week, hopefully Sunday nights, I'm going to post a recap of this week in running, my spin on the wonderful This Week in Baseball that I grew up watching as a kid. (Is TWIB still on tv?)
So it goes:

I'm still building up back into shape after the petallar issues in my right knee. For the first time in 6 weeks I ran back-to-back days. I was psyched that my knee responded well to two back-to-back sequences. In addition I ran 5 days this week as opposed to 3. Despite these increases, my body handled it fine and felt like it could handle more. Next week my plan will be to maintain the 5 runs and increase the mileage into the low 50s. I also want to start shifting gears and try one fartlek run on grass. Up to this points, my pace has been relatively easy. I hope that everything will continue to go smoothly.

Essential Numbers:
46 3/4 miles in 5 runs

No comments:

Post a Comment