Saturday, May 9, 2009

Pilgrim's Progress

Saturday 5.9.09
AM: about 3 miles in 24:46; biked about 9 miles
Rode to and from Adams Farm. Wanted the entire run to be on soft terrain. Took the advice of Lady J and did not approach this run as a run. Took it as a jog. It helped my mindset as I ran as slow as possible without aggravating the left calf. It's hard to run slow. It's hard to run intentionally slower than you're normal pace. The calf stayed moderately tight for the 25 minutes I was out there, but it wasn't nearly as bad as Wednesday. Hence, this post's title "Progress." Finished the run with extra stick massage on calf and ice.

Friday 5.8.09
AM: Lifting Routine
At the gym by 05:30 to get in my weekly lifting routine. I know the weather is getting warmer when I sweat through one of these workouts. That doesn't always happen in the colder months. I hope that means my heating bills go down too. Did a little cardio in the pm and sticked the calf. Finished the day with ice.

No comments:

Post a Comment