Sunday, May 31, 2009

This Week in Running 5.25.09 to 5.31.09

The month of May ended much better than it started. This last week of running went as planned. I made all of my scheduled runs and hit my mileage goal for the week. All of these runs are easy-paced; that's part of the plan right now. Next week I want to start progressing the pace down to a steady push on a couple of them. Here's how the week wrapped up:

Thursday 5.28.09
AM: core work
PM: 9.25 miles in 69:39
This run started off real slow. Maybe it was something about the weather or maybe I was just a bit tired. The middle got closer to 7 min pace, and the last three miles were in the low to mid 6:50s. No ill affects on left calf.

Friday 5.29.09
AM: lifting routine at gym
I'm becoming more and more of a fan of the early morning, pre-work gym routine. It's actually crowded there at 05:30. Highlight of the routine: 4 x 10 pullups/chinups with 30 second recovery.

Saturday 5.30.09
AM: 12 miles in 86:28
Still starting slow to properly warmup the calf. The run started close to 7:40 pace for the first couple, and I was at 7:00 pace or slightly under for most of the rest of the run. I felt like I could've kept going, but I didn't want to press my luck. Finished with stick and ice and lots of stretching (not in that order).

Sunday 5.31.09
AM: core work and 7.25 miles in 51:23
My usual Sunday morning Adams Farm run. I really find myself looking forward to this run when I wakeup in the morning. Calf just a smidge sore at start, then it dissipated to nothing. That was a relief. A relaxing run (as much as runs can be relaxing). Ended with stretching, sticking, icing (in that order).

The Numbers
43 1/2 miles in 5 runs
1 pool workout (swam a mile)
1 lifting sequence
4 sessions of core work

No comments:

Post a Comment