Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Bombs Away

Friend at work told me today that this has been the rainiest June on record in the last 100 years. I believe it. Decided to beat the rain by working out indoors the last two days: once on a treadmill and once in a pool. In both circumstances, I still managed to get waterlogged.

Tuesday 6.23.09
AM: pool workout
Swam a mile in the pool this morning. I'm feeling good when I'm in the pool (minus the first ten laps), but once I'm out of it, my nose won't stop running. I'm wondering if the Y has altered the chemicals in the pool. I must be allergic to something b/c my nose is a faucet.

Monday 6.22.09
AM: core work
PM: 10.3 miles in 67:45
Hard getting up for the core work. Struggled through the pushups and planks and abs. The leg stuff was okay.
Great run on the treadmill. I popped Fight Club in the DVD player and that helped the time pass. Here's what I did on the t'mill:

warmup: ~3.5 miles
pickups: 3 x 7 minutes: progress from 6:00 pace to ~5:27 pace for first 5 minutes and hold for the last 2 minutes
cooldown: ~2 miles

I felt really strong on the pickups and could've held the pace longer, but I didn't want to overstress the calf. It was one of those workouts where you actually feel yourself strengthening and getting back in shape. Doing this run on the 'mill was good b/c it kept me appropriately paced and controlled. The pace was where I wanted it for this stage in the game.

Took a break from FC and put on the Dirtbombs during the pickups. They put me in the zone and I just clicked them off. The Dirtbombs are an excellent hard workout band; I recommend them highly.

No comments:

Post a Comment