Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Getting There

The last two days have been pretty good. Here they are:

Tuesday 6.16.09
AM: Doctor's visit
PM: pool workout
Received a good diagnosis from Mika, the chiropractor, today. He said that my left calf is progressing nicely and that I should continue to increase pace and distance. He also said today that he feels that speed intervals lead to the calf knot, not mileage. He feels that adding on miles shouldn't be a problem. He cautioned me just to be careful on the track. Will do.

In the pm, swam about 1250 yards and aqua-jogged as well. Finished this cross-training day with work on the foam roller and some stretching.

Monday 6.15.09
AM: core work
PM: 10.25 miles in 70:14
Nice running weather. I started off nice and easy and once I arrived at Bird Park I started the first of two controlled pickups. The first one lasted 14 minutes and the second 12 minutes. The run got faster as the time clicked by. I ended my last mile a shade of 6:10. Ideally, I'd like to be sub 6 on a run of this nature, but considering where I am in my training, I'll take it. Felt good to find a groove. This was a run from which to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment