Sunday, June 7, 2009

This Week in Running 6.1.09 to 6.7.09

The one word that sums up this week in running is tired. Getting out of the door was by far the hardest part of the run during the work week. The weekend it wasn't so much of a problem. The thing that finally helped me break out of the doldrums was Thursday's progression run. I ran at a steady cruise pace for a good 33 minutes or so and that woke me up and springboarded me into a good weekend where I ran a solid 14 on Saturday. Although it was a tired week, it was a healthy week. Left calf responded well to the increased pace and mileage. Hopefully I can continue to build in this upcoming week.

Here's what I did today:

Sunday 6.7.09
AM: core work and 7 miles in 53:00
Hit the Stonehill fields and trails today. Such a beautiful place to run. However, Stonehill keeps expanding which leads to a decrease in the trails. It, however, was still a peaceful and zennish run.

Numbers for the week:
49 1/2 miles in 5 runs
5 core workouts
1 lifting sequence
1 mile swimming

1 comment:

Jen said...

Congrats on meeting your swimming mile challenge! I'm sure you've already started working toward a new swimming goal...

Post a Comment