Thursday, July 9, 2009

Switching It Up

AM: lifting routine at the YMCA
PM: 2.5 miles in 18:35
Let me explain: I only ran 2.5 today because I was intending not to run at all but felt too guilty about it so jumped on the treadmill for a light jog. I am planning on going long tomorrow and am on a cycle to take two non-running days this week. Ergo, I biked Tuesday and hit the Y today. That meant, however, that I had a non-running, running, non-running three day sequence. Running only once in three days proved too much to bear. That's why I shook it out for 2.5 today. It allowed for some good stretching that I otherwise would have skipped.

I'm going long tomorrow b/c I have Fridays off in the summer. As a result, I will alter my training to look like this from Fridays to Mondays: long run, easy run, workout, progression run. We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment