Sunday, July 5, 2009

This Week in Running 6.29.09 to 7.5.09

I didn't run as many miles as I would've liked this week due to the Pickle Run (see Race Report) that I did on Saturday. Really, the difference is only three, maybe four, miles but I tend to obsess over these miles (this is a habit I'm trying hard to break).

No ill effects from the trail race. My body is feeling good and I'm looking forward to another week of building miles and increasing intensity. It's obvious I did the race on Saturday. Here's what I did on Friday and Sunday:

Friday 7.03.09
AM: lifting routine at YMCA
The regular sequence.

Sunday 7.05.09
AM: core work and 7.25 miles in 51:29
Didn't get out the door till a few minutes passed 11:00. That's attributed to the late night drive we did back to home base from Philly. The drive home was cool in that there was no traffic and we could watch fireworks all the way up Route 95. The drive home was uncool in that it ended after 2:00 in the am. Today's run started off very slowly, but by the end I was moving pretty good. Easy today. Hard tomorrow.

The Numbers
53 miles in 5 runs
64 minutes on bike
1 lifting sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment