Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Cut Back Continues

The last few days:

Thursday 8.6.09
AM: core work

Wednesday 8.5.09
AM: 9.75 miles in 67:36
PM: core work
Up at zero-four to get this one in before the conference. Didn't know what to expect as I'm not used to waking up this early to run. Despite using the first 5k to wakeup, this turned out to be a great run. Turned into a progression and was running low to mid sixes by the end of it. Felt good to be done w/ cardio at 6:15 in the morning.

Tuesday 8.4.09
AM: Dr. Mika visit
PM: core work
Mika cautioned me about track workouts. He thinks they may be putting too much stress on the left calf. Be careful, he says. He recommends hard progression runs and fartlek type stuff as a substitute for track workouts. This will be a bit of a change for me as I like getting splits, but it's something I should consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment