Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Got Some

For those of you unawares, Pearl Jam is releasing a new album in September. Above is a performance of "Got Some," which they did live on Conan O'Brien a few weeks ago. "The Fixer" has been on the radio, as it is their first single from the upcoming Backspacer. Enjoy. It's a good song to jazz you up before a workout. Speaking of which...

Wednesday 8.12.09

AM: 12.5 miles in ~93:28

PM: core work

The plan for today was 12 x 3 min hard w/ 1 min recovery. I'm happy to say that I executed this workout as planned. Felt good for the whole thing. After the 9th rep, I knew I'd be able to complete this workout feeling strong. It was good to do so after the last workout I did on the track...Did this workout at Bird Park as opposed to a track in an effort to protect the calf. Found a good loop that was just about three minutes. The loop had variant surfaces ranging from mulched wood chips to a cement walkway to grass to crushed stone. I think this loop made the workout go by faster than doing it on a track. Maybe I was just in a good frame of mind today. Ran a slow cooldown and iced it up when I arrived home.

No comments:

Post a Comment