Sunday, August 16, 2009

This Week in Running: 8.10.09 to 8.16.09

This week was capped off w/ a trip down to the 7th annual Runaways Runaround 5 Mile Road Race. I didn't meet my expectations for this race. I'll put up a full race report tomorrow or the next day. In short, I came in 3rd (1st in division) w/ a time of 27:39 for a 5:32 pace. Thought I might be running faster than that...extrapolations in the full race report. With warmup and cooldown I logged 11.5 miles for the day.

Overall, I count this as a good week. Trained hard for most of it. Monday and Wednesday and Sunday I did faster stuff. Friday I ran a solid 20+. Saturday and Thursday were "days at the beach."

Bought that fuel belt this week but haven't tried it on a run yet. I feel a little odd and wimpy using it.

Numbers for the Week
67 3/4 miles in 6 runs
140 minutes on the bike
1 lifting sequence
4 core workouts

No comments:

Post a Comment