Thursday, September 24, 2009

Getting Ready

Thursday 9.24.09
AM: core
PM: 7.25 miles in 51:24
While stretching pre-run and even at work, I knew this was going to be a good run primarily b/c yesterday was so dreadful. I had energy today and ran well. The miles flew out of my body and the run was an overall success. Sure, it wasn't long, but this course has taken me over 56 mins. before. Although I could have, I wasn't going to do more; I want a full tank for this weekend. Ended the run with a few strides on Wilson Field.

Wednesday 9.23.09
AM: core
PM: 9 miles in 68:38
A bad run. Tired and hot and couldn't get in a groove. Had to take the little one to an appt, which led me to not getting out the door until after 5. That's late for me. Just tired today. Wanted to do at least ten and a few at marathon pace, but it just wasn't in the cards, and I thought it would be stupid to force it. Didn't have a planned course for this run. I find when I don't have a plan going into a run, it can often be a bad one. Finished up w/ stretch, stick, ice. I hope this is my one bad run before DeMar this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment