Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Back to Double Digits

Monday 10.5.09
AM: core
PM: 10 miles in 74:20
This run started off real well, and I knew I'd be putting up a ten spot, my first one since the marathon. Feeling good and the pace was gradually quickening over the first five miles. At right about five, my quads started to get sore. The soreness continued for the rest of the run. Pair that w/ some GI issues (too many carrots at lunch?) and the second half was ugly. Almost had to stop a couple of times. Did make it all the way home but just barely.

It's still early in the fall season; I would still like to race but am in need of direction. I've been doing marathon training, but I don't think I'll be doing another marathon this fall (that was the original plan but Philly sold out before I registered). I want to focus on 5k through 15k this winter/spring, and I don't know if I should change directions now or race some longer stuff, i.e. half marathons. Any suggestions?

Tuesday 10.6.09
AM: Dr. Mika appt
PM: indoor trainer 67 minutes.
The bike went well today. Had KJ next to me for half of it and that was fun. This am I saw Dr. Mika for a post-marathon tuneup. The hips were a bit tight; all else is well. He was excited as I was about my PR.

No comments:

Post a Comment