Monday, October 19, 2009

Groove

AM: core
PM: 13.5 miles in 90:40
From the get-go, I felt strong. This was a good run and that makes two in a row. In the middle of this one, I did 3 x 10 minutes hard w/ 1:45 recovery. I was certainly sub 6:00 on the pickups; the only reason why I might've been slower would be that I was running on trail, and trails are becoming increasingly leaf covered these days. Now, I've been thinking about my conversation w/ Justin Fyffe after the DeMar marathon and he mentioned that he'd been doing lots of workouts on tired legs. On a smaller, micro-scale, I tried to apply that thinking to today's run. Instead of finishing my last 5k at a slow, dead legs pace, I wanted to finish w/ some mojo. I ran all three of my last miles at a faster clip than I normally would. That's a step in the right direction.

I feel completely recovered from the September 27 marathon and am now looking to race. I'm thinking about Manchester City Half Marathon on November 1. My last few runs have been excellent and I feel I have a couple good ones in my legs before the season closes up. I need to do some racing.

No comments:

Post a Comment