Monday, October 12, 2009

This Week in Running + Columbus Day



It took my legs a good ten days to recover from the DeMar marathon. Got pictures from it in the mail this week and that allowed me to relive the final steps. Still happy about the PR, but now I'm thinking I can lower it even more. My plan now is to start transitioning to shorter distances 5k - 15k for the winter and spring. I'm hoping my legs (esp calf) holds up for the increased speed that this type of training requires.



New pictures of Kerin are available. Newest album is #15.

The rest of last week and the beginning of this week:

Friday 10.9.09

PM: lifting sequence

At work today, I had the delightful experience of a muscle cramp/spasm/charlie horse in my upper right adductor/hamstring. It was uncomfortable to sit and has been for the last couple of days. It hasn't affecting my running.



Saturday 10.10.09

AM: 16.25 miles in 1:57.23

Felt good the whole way. Not worrying about pace too much. Ended with a series of sub 7:00's. This run didn't kill me but I wasn't exactly in the mood to go another eight live I would've in August.

Happy Birthday Stacey.

Sunday 10.11.09

AM: core and 7.25 in 52:48

Easy run at Adams Farm. The leaves are really falling now and it's cool to run through them as they leisurely make their way to the ground. Everyone should experience this.



Monday 10.12.09

AM: 11.5 miles in 84:24

Did a controlled workout at the track today. First time since the 26.2. This wasn't an all-out workout by any means. The objective was to get my legs moving again. Objective: run 6 x 1k w/ 200 meter recovery @ 5:20 mile pace. This isn't ambitious, I know. My splits: 3:24, 3:25, 3:21, 3:20, 3:20, 3:17. I felt better toward the end of the workout. I did not push or press at anytime, so that's good. My breathing told me I could've done more, and I think I could've considering in September I did 7 x 1 mile in only a slightly slower pace.


I hope to do core work this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment