Sunday, October 25, 2009

This Week in Running


This week ended with a race: The Canton Fall Classic. I ran better than I anticipated. I'll post a full race report tomorrow, but the skinny is that I won the 5k in 16:05. I posted yesterday that I hoped to run sub 17:00 and/or sub 5:30 pace. I did that; I guess I underestimated my 5k shape (haven't done one in quite a while). I was surprised I ran that time b/c I haven't done any speedwork. This was my first race since the marathon. My body has been feeling good...didn't know it was feeling so good to be only 14 seconds off my PR. The race marked the end to a good week.

Numbers for the day:
10.7 total miles (5k warmup, 5k race, 4.5 miles cooldown)

Numbers for the week:
53.45 miles in 5 runs
5 core workouts
63 minutes on the bike

No comments:

Post a Comment