Wednesday, November 11, 2009

2 Pictures and 3 Days of Training

These two pictures are from the Larry Robinson 10 Miler last Sunday. Jamie Doucett took both photographs. He's pretty good. You can check out all his photos at http://www.jamiedoucett.smugmug.com/

The picture on the lower left is of my bud Jimmy. You can read my full entry on the race by checking the 11.10.09 post which is just below this one.

The last three days of training have been ok. Nothing great but nothing horrible either. The season is winding down and I have my eye on the finish line. Highlights of autumn include the Clarence DeMar Marathon and the Canton Fall Classic. I'm not starting to work out a plan for the winter. The CMS guys really seem to be into showshoeing but I've never done ventured into that realm. I do know that this winter I'll likely focus on shorter stuff (5 to 15k) and maybe throw a half marathon into the mix. During my marathon training, my legs were begging for some speed and turnover. Now, it's time to give it to them. I just have to watch the left calf to make sure it can handle that workload. We'll see. Here are my last three days:




Wednesday 11.11.09
AM: 14.75 miles in 1:53.33
What my dad would call an LSD. Long slow distance. Probably ranged between 7:30 and 7:45 the whole way. Legs not feeling fast today, so I decided to go with it. Will have to run harder tomorrow. It was nice to get out early and not have to worry about the sun setting and impending darkness. About 50 degrees outside. Good running weather on the trails.

Tuesday 11.10.09
AM: core
PM: 67 minutes on the indoor trainer
Easy day on the bike.



Monday 11.9.09
AM: core
PM: 7.25 miles in 58:10
Legs were sore after yesterday's race. I started on the treadmill for the first mile then headed over to Adams Farm. Started to feel better at around 40:00 but I had to head back b/c of an evening work obligation. Didn't get a chance to ice the legs today, but I did stretch them out.

No comments:

Post a Comment