Monday, November 2, 2009

3 x 1.5

AM: core
PM: 12 miles in 75:32
After warming up for 4.5 miles, I started my workout. I was on the t'mill today due to the soggy darkness outside. I don't want to get into t'mill dependency, so I think I'll make myself run outside for the rest of the week. Back to the workout at hand: after warming up and getting down to ~6:30 pace, I started the reps. Nothing killer. Just wanted a good hard effort. I started each of the 1.5 mile repeats at 5:27 pace for the first mile. I then picked it up ever so slightly for the last half mile. Maybe got a little below 5:20. The intent of this workout was to do the reps. at a faster pace than 15k race pace. I think I accomplished that. Finished the run w/ another 2.5 miles at sub 7:00 pace. Stretch, stick, and ice ended the day (in that order). A good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment