Saturday, November 21, 2009

Taper Down

The last few days have been easy in preparation for my last race of the season. After Sunday, I'll run a couple of easy days then take some time off. Maybe about two weeks or so. It's been tough adjusting to the night running. In the past, I'd be able to complete at least a portion of my run in the remaining daylight, but this year doing that has been difficult. After a hiatus, I'll be fine. So tomorrow is the Norwood Turkey Trot. Don't know anything about the course. It's described as challenging. We'll see.

Here are the last few days:

Saturday 11.21.09
AM: core and 5.5 miles in 42:16
Ran on some trails. Nice and easy.

Friday 11.20.09
PM: lifting sequence at the gym
Did one fewer set of all exercises.

Thursday 11.19.09
AM: core
PM: 6.5 miles in 44:54
Shorts and a t-shirt helped move the pace along. Finished w/ some strides. Ideally, I'd like to do strides on the grass, but it was too dark at the field, so I did them on the road. Wanted to turn the legs over after a couple of days of easy running.

Wednesday 11.18.09
AM: core
PM: 7.25 miles in 52:43
Wanted to get some running in at Bird Park, but it was just too dark. Seems to be the theme of the week. Night running means road running. Trails will be reserved for the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment