Sunday, November 22, 2009

This Week in Running

Finished up this week at the Norwood Turkey Trot. This four mile race has lots of ups and downs but nothing major. Never got in a groove today and after about ten steps I knew this was going to be a tough race. Didn't run that bad, but I know I can run better. I'll post a full race report in a day or two. For now, here's the synopsis:

4 mile time - 21:09
place - 8
division place - 6
pace: 5:18

My first and last miles were the fastest; the middle two were in the mid 5:20s. My legs felt good. My body/mind just didn't have the extra gear that I've been able to shift into during other races this season. I wanted sub 21:00, so this one will fester for a little bit. Today marks the end to my personal running season. I'll do a couple of easy runs early next week then take some down time.

Weekly Data
37 3/4 miles in 5 runs
60 mins. on the bike (indoor trainer)
5 core workouts
1 lifting routine

No comments:

Post a Comment