Wednesday, December 23, 2009

3 x 1.5 and Hills

Wednesday 12.23.09
AM: core
PM: 10.75 miles in 77:13
After running for about 5 miles, I started the hill repeats. I did 7x a hill that was about 1/3 of a mile long. I jogged back down for the recovery. It was nice having such a long recovery. I did all of the repeats between 1:38 and 1:44, which really means nothing b/c I don't have an exact measurement of the hill. I did feel good, though, to get going over a hill. Two negatives to this run.
1) It was cold and windy. My hands were numb.
2) There was a holiday spread at work today. I ate too much of it.

Tuesday 12.22.09
AM: core
PM: indoor bike 60 mins.
This piece of exercise occurred much later than I thought it would. Had to go to take KJ to the doctor and then get her some medicine at the pharmacist. Good news: she's feeling better already.

Monday 12.21.09
AM: core and 11 miles in 70:05
On the treadmill for this one. Did 3x 1.5 miles hard w/ 1/5 mile recovery.
The splits
1 - 8:03
2 - 8:00
3 - 7:54
Felt good and in the zone. Initially I was happy for running these pickups in ~5:20 pace. Then I realized that I ran these splits in ideal conditions: no wind, no cold, no hills. That tempered my enthusiasm a bit, but I am still happy that this work felt relatively easy. My body wants more.

No comments:

Post a Comment