Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Night Vision

A couple of times during tonight's run, it was a complete blackout. I could've been stepping into an abyss and not known it. I think my eyes have some adjusting to do. Part of it was that about half my run was on roads w/out street lights. A car would pass, ephemerally light a path, and then the blackout. Right as the car approaches, however, I'm blinded by the headlights, esp when the driver flashes his highbeams. So, I'm a victim of a blindness at both ends of the spectrum: extreme light and extreme dark. All winter runners go through this. It's nothing unique.

That said it was a fab run. Wasn't killing myself, just cruising through and enjoying the crisp early winter air. Once you get that first mile out of the way, winter running can be majestic.

Today's run reminded me of a snippet from a Pearl Jam song on their Backspacer album: "...a path cut by the moon for you to walk on..."

Tuesday 12.7.09
AM: core
PM: 8.25 miles in 56:07

1 comment:

JoKin said...

night runs can be great fun. be safe out there.

Post a Comment