Thursday, December 17, 2009

Run Interrupted

We recently had some electrical work done on the house and the new lights just haven't been working right. Some days they turn on; some days they don't. Well, today when the lights didn't turn on, I called the contractor. To my pleasant surprise he and the electrician said they'd be over in an hour or two. This gave me just enough time to jump on the t'mill and get in my run.

The plan almost worked. 7 miles into it they showed up. Early. Who would've thought they'd be early? So halfway through a pickup I had to put the 'mill on pause and tend to my electrical problem. Turns out the part on the new light fixture is not flush w/ the track line. Apparently, that's why they've been flickering off and on continually and sometimes not at all. The electrician put a "band-aid" on it but told me I need to get a new feed-in from the manufacturer. That should be fun. I do have to hand it to the contractor and electrician, though; I called and they showed an hour later.

So my run intended to be about 10 miles w/ 2 x 2 mile pickups. I got the pickups in but at the 7 mile mark the run was interrupted for a good half hour or so. I did manage to get another 3.5 in and the break didn't affect me too much.

The pickups were well under 6:00 pace but not 5:30 and felt very easy.

Thursday 12.17.09
AM: core
PM: 10.5 miles in 68:21

No comments:

Post a Comment