The plan almost worked. 7 miles into it they showed up. Early. Who would've thought they'd be early? So halfway through a pickup I had to put the 'mill on pause and tend to my electrical problem. Turns out the part on the new light fixture is not flush w/ the track line. Apparently, that's why they've been flickering off and on continually and sometimes not at all. The electrician put a "band-aid" on it but told me I need to get a new feed-in from the manufacturer. That should be fun. I do have to hand it to the contractor and electrician, though; I called and they showed an hour later.
So my run intended to be about 10 miles w/ 2 x 2 mile pickups. I got the pickups in but at the 7 mile mark the run was interrupted for a good half hour or so. I did manage to get another 3.5 in and the break didn't affect me too much.
The pickups were well under 6:00 pace but not 5:30 and felt very easy.
PM: 10.5 miles in 68:21