Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Run Your Cold Out of Your Body

If you've had a headcold and been struggling with it during your runs, run faster. I'm an experiment of one (I'm paraphrasing somebody famous but I don't know who) but this seemed to work for me on Monday. After struggling through three heavy headed slow runs, I decided I needed to pickup the pace. Once I did that, I started to feel better. One, it made the run go by quicker. Two, it made me concentrate on my legs and form as opposed to my head. I'm glad I did it. Now, I don't know if I could've done it at the height of the cold but I could a couple of days later. It beats taking a day off and stewing about not running. My body actually began to feel better after this run. I think my body broke my headcold. Cool.

Monday 12.28.09
AM: 13.75 miles in 99:31
PM: core
Did this run on Forbidden Drive in Philadelphia. It's a gorgeous place to run. After the first phlegm hacking six, I decided to do half mile pickups every mile for the next six miles. I didn't split them out exactly, but I started slowly and got faster (and felt better) after each one.

Tuesday 12.29.09
AM: 72 minutes on recumbent bike
PM: core
Tuesday continues to be an "off" day for me. I hope to be ready to go again tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment