Sunday, December 27, 2009

This Week in Running

This week started off fantastic. Monday through Thursday my workouts were sharp and crisp. Then on Christmas Eve afternoon my head started to feel heavy. It got heavier and heavier through Saturday night. This headcold killed my runs for the rest of the week. I didn't miss any but they certainly weren't what I wanted them to be. I'm starting to feel better now (Sunday afternoon), so I'm hoping next week will be a good one.

Thursday 12.24.09
AM: lifting routine and 2.75 miles in ~20 minutes
Wanted to do an easy twenty minutes. My legs were a little cranky after Wednesday's hill workout.

Friday 12.25.09
AM: 8 miles in 59:08
On the roads by 05:15 for this one in order to maximize family time on Christmas morning. Not feeling great but it was too early in the morning to realize it. KJ's first Christmas was a blast. She was spoiled by everyone, especially her grandparents, aunts, and uncles.
Saturday 12.26.09
AM: 7 miles in 53:37
Wanted to do 15. Didn't do even half that. The headcold was peaking and a steady rain killed any aspirations for a solid semi-long run. Pretty much dead for the rest of the day.

Sunday 12.27.09
AM: 9 miles in 68:18
Starting to feel better. Pace still on the slow side. Glad to do more than the minimum 7. May do a little core work later tonight, but we'll see how it goes.

Weekly Numbers
50 1/2 miles in 5 runs
60 mins on the bike (indoor trainer)
3 core workouts
1 lifting routine

Last complete week of 2009. Will be compiling miles for the year later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment