Monday, January 18, 2010

14 x 1/4

Cutting shapes on a linear plane? Well, that's kinda what I did today. Due to the snow/rain storm and slushy/icy roads, I ran my repeat quarters on the treadmill. I was going to do 12 of them but I was feeling so good that I did two more. I was in a solid groove today. The treadmill maxes out at 12 mph so I did them all in 75. I was thinking that if I had a 14 mph treadmill that the splits would have been near 70. Lots of recovery on this one: a full quarter mile after each one. With a five mile wakeup and a two mile cooldown that makes an even 14 for the day. I felt in shape today. A strong and powerful day that makes me think the training will pay off when I race. Time will tell.

The recap:

14 x 1/4 mile in 75 seconds (first one was 76) w/ equal recovery (length not time)

AM: 14 miles in 87:39
PM: leg core

I was thinking of doing an afternoon cardio session but w/ the shoveling and late afternoon errands it just didn't happen.

And a congrats to Nuke for finishing the Houston Marathon in sub 3:00 and taking home 3rd in his division.

No comments:

Post a Comment