Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's Official

I contacted USATF over the weekend and had my designation changed from unattached to Central Mass Striders. The affiliation change was confirmed and I'm good to go for all USATF events. Bring on the New England Grand Prix.

Here are the last three days:

Monday 1.11.10
AM: core
PM: 11.5 miles in 75:17
The main part of this one was a 40 minute threshold run. I started the 40 minute effort w/ a 6:06 mile in the beginning and by the middle I ran a 5:50 mile (although most of it was downhill). Those were the only two splits I got. I felt strong but I was hoping I'd manage a little faster of a clip. Maybe I need to push myself harder. This run was 10 times better than the 40 minute threshold run I did last Monday.

Tuesday 1.12.10
AM: core
PM: 10.25 miles in 72:48
Slow first half, better second half. Some of the first half was on snow packed trail which kept the pace on the slower side. Once the darkness settled in, I got back on the roads and picked up the pace. A quasi-progression run. No splits but after about 40 minutes I felt like I was in the low to mid 6:00s with the last 10 to 15 minutes feeling like 6:00 pace. It was nice to end the run in a solid groove.

Wednesday 1.13.10
AM: core
PM: 60 minutes indoor trainer (bike) then 2 miles in 15:00
Recovery day. 'Nuff said.

3 comments:

DoubleJ said...

NICE!!!

Nuke Runner said...

Cool....I'm from Shrewsbury so I've always been a fan of CMS.

Jim said...

Good stuff Kevin. The DH Jones 10 miler is not too far away.

Post a Comment