Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Nothing As It Seems

Monday 1.4.10
AM: core
PM: 11.5 miles in 76:28
Guessing on the miles, it might've been longer. This was supposed to be a 40 minute threshold run, but I don't think I ever got going that fast. Felt lethargic prerun but still managed a pretty aggressive 30 minute warmup. The air was chilly but not cold and after 20 mins I was plenty warm. Could've done w/out the hat and gloves. Once the watch hit 30 mins, I picked it up to threshold pace, which for me is ~5:40 at this point in my training. I didn't have miles marked so the pace was all on feel. After a few minutes I started cramping and the pace suffered. I was still working it, but it wasn't threshold pace. I did the whole 40 mins at a good clip; some of it, however, probably hovered above 6:00 pace.

Tuesday 1.5.09
AM: core
PM: 75 mins on bike (indoor trainer)
Felt tired all day at work. Getting on the bike actually revived me. The exercise was the best part of the day.

(Post Title is also the name of a Pearl Jam song.)

No comments:

Post a Comment