Sunday, January 24, 2010

This Week in Running

A pretty good week of training that ended this way:

Weekly Numbers
58 miles in 5 runs
111 mins on the bike (indoor trainer)in 2 sessions
4 core workouts
1 lifting routine

Friday 1.22.10
PM: lifting routine

Saturday 1.23.10
AM: 13.5 miles in 96:34
Did 6 hard miles. Ran over to WHS to do the Labor Day 10k course. I did a 3 -2 -1. 3 miles hard then 2 minutes rest, 2 miles hard then 2 minutes rest, 1 mile hard. I thought that I'd be able to use the mile markers to help me out. Wrong. I either missed the markers or they were washed away with all the winter snow/rain/salt/plowing. I kinda knew where the markers were supposed to be from memory but I ended up using time more than anything for a gauge. About halfway through the workout, I began to regret eating massive amounts of pizza on Friday night. It got a bit ugly but I finished. I did 1.2 instead of just a mile for the last repeat. The last mile is uphill and I managed the 1.2 in 7:04. At first I thought that was good, but on the jog home I realized that it really wasn't.

Sunday 1.24.10
AM: core and 8 miles in 57:05
PM: 41 minutes on the bike
Easy day at Adams Farm. The trails are a tiny bit slippery. Ended the run w/ 4 good striders. I may permanently incorporate strides into my Sunday program.
In the pm, I put the tv on and watched the 4th quarter of the game. Anti-climatic. After, I did some stretching, used the foam roller, and put some ice on the body.


No comments:

Post a Comment