Tuesday, February 2, 2010

3 x 2 Miles

This is going to be a cutback week. I have a work obligation on Saturday which will nix my run on that day. It's probably a good time for said cutback b/c I've been building up for a while. I'm being cautious. Hopefully, this is a smart move. The cutback won't start for another day or two, so it'll be more like 1/2 a cutback week. Still, I will get my lowest weekly mileage total for the year. That's ok; I'm trying not to chase miles.

Monday 2.1.10
AM: core
PM: 12 miles in 85:08
3 x 2 miles w/ 2 minute recovery.
I ran to the track and 3/4 of it was clear. The far turn was snowcovered. No track. To the roads. I had one two mile repeat marked and did it in 11:30. I was hoping my pace would be sub 5:40. That didn't happen despite my body feeling good. Didn't have a split for the second one so ran hard for 12 minutes. Same for the third, although I did catch one split, 5:42. Still not what I was looking for. I was feeling good so am a bit perplexed by why the splits were slower than I would've liked. Thought I was in shape to hit the desired splits.

Happy Birthday Dad!

Tuesday 2.2.10
AM: core
PM: 73 minutes on the bike (indoor trainer)

No comments:

Post a Comment