Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cutback Week

Wednesday 2.3.10
AM: core
PM: 11.5 miles in 78:15
Took a header for the first time this winter. Ironic b/c as it happened I was thinking, "The trail would be that much faster if it wasn't dusted w/ snow." Then BOOM. Down on the mat. Got my arm out and braced the fall. Good welt under the ribcage. Funny, it wasn't the pain from the fall that I first noticed; it was the cold of the snow. It was like falling on an ice pack. I got right up and started running in an attempt to trick by body into thinking nothing bad happened. It pretty much worked. I actually felt better after the gaff. When I got back on the roads I hit a 6:07 followed by a 6:00. I liked this run b/c I started easy and ended hard.

Thursday 2.4.10
AM: core
PM: 10 miles in 62:43
This is where you really see the cutback. The run went by quickly. Felt good to finish up fifteen minutes earlier than normal. Four mile warmup and two mile cooldown. In the middle:

4 x 3/4 mile @ 5:00 mpm pace w/ ~1/3 mile recovery

Lots of recovery to allow any accumulated lactic acid to funnel out of the blood before beginning the next repeat. The repeats were a bit tough, but they should be, right?

There tons of new bios on the CMS Men's Racing Team webpage. You have to check it out. There are some nasty dudes donning the polar bear.

1 comment:

GZ said...

1200s in 3:45 on the roads ... nice. Makes me quiver just thinking about it. Nice workout.

The bios that JJ pushed out earlier this week certainly were motivating.

Post a Comment