Saturday, February 20, 2010

This Week in Running

Mid-week: I was a wet towel. Then, out of the blue, a nasty virus came upon me, punched me in the mouth, and with his two hands rung every last drop of liquid out of my system. It was nasty with a capital ASTY.

Needless to say, that screwed up my week. The mileage ended up being okay but the quality was poor. After Tuesday, everything was slow, recovery pace. Just didn't have the energy to do a workout. Thought I would by Saturday but my body was having none of it. I think that my body needed to rehydrate itself. At the height of the storm, I could literally feel the water being sucked out of my muscles and into the porcelain. I got real achy and stiff. I'm feeling much better now and plan on doing a workout tomorrow. Have been drinking lots of fluids and just chilling out. Wanted to go and watch the NE-Indoor Championships; I hope the CMS runners did well.

Weekly Data
63 1/2 miles in 6 runs
3 core workouts
1 lifting routine

Monday 2.15.10
AM: 15 miles at an easy pace that got faster
PM: core
Tuesday 2.16.10
AM: 13 mile progression run; after 4, 6:52 --> 5:41
PM: the nastiness began
Wednesday 2.17.10
Nothin'
Thursday 2.18.10
AM: 10.25 easy miles
Friday 2.19.10
AM: jogged to/fro gym for 4 miles then did the lifting routine
Saturday 2.20.10
AM: core and 13 miles between 7:00 and 7:30 pace
Sunday 2.21.10
AM: core and 7.75 easy miles followed by strides

...And I've been waiting for this. I knew he couldn't be Mr. Kara Goucher forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment