Tuesday, February 9, 2010

What a Difference a Day Makes

Monday rocked. Today sucked. Monday, I was strong and energetic. Today, I was weak and in a malaise. I was due for a stinker b/c I haven't had one all year. At least it's out of the way.

Monday 2.8.10
AM: core
PM: 12.5 miles in 81:37
Could've been closer to 13. After 30 minutes, I started a 43 minute threshold run. I'm estimating that I covered at least 7. The wind was at my back for a good stretch in the beginning of the hard running and that propelled me through for the rest of the effort. Great run. Finished w/ a 6:23 and I was just cruising.

Tuesday 2.9.10
AM: core
PM: 10 miles in --ready for this-- 81:26
Dead legs. No go in them today. I was looking forward to this run all day, but once I was out there my body was having nothing to do with it. I wanted this to be a progression run of 13 miles or so, but I just didn't have it in me today. Don't really no why. Delayed Superbowl hangover? I didn't even drink.

2 comments:

mueblerunner said...

Probably just recovering from some of your previous hard efforts. Don't worry about it, you will respond when its most important.

KG said...

thanks for the words of encouragement

Post a Comment