Tuesday, March 9, 2010

3 x a Deuce

Monday 3.8.10
AM: core
PM: 13 miles in 92:09
The weather was so good. Perfect for running. It propelled me to a strong workout. I've been meaning to do this one for a while and it finally bore out into reality today. Really did have a perfect day for it. Managed to run in shorts and wasn't cold at all. The track is 98% clear so I was able to get accurate splits; that kept me honest. No excuses.

The workout in theory: 3 x 2 miles @ LT pace w/ 2 min recovery. Goal of no slower than 11:20 for each repeat.

The workout in practice: 11:10 w/ 1:50 rec, 11:03 w/ 1:57 rec, 11:05

The pace was comfortably hard. It felt good. I need to do more work at this pace. Overall, I was pleased w/ how things went. I knew I had worked relatively hard when I came to be starry and delirious over the last mile of the cooldown.

Tuesday 3.9.10
AM: core
PM: 60 mins on the bike followed by ~3 mile jog
Recovery/easy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment