Thursday, March 11, 2010

Churnin' Butter

This week's sign that the apocalypse is upon us...Marion Jones, defrocked winner of 5 Olympic medals, has signed a contract with the Tulsa Shock, a WNBA team. She actually ran the point at UNC and they won a national championship. So, I guess she's got some cred. Looks like she's trying to redefine her career. Here's the story. Any chance Tiger gives up his irons for a pair of track spikes? Do we even want him? With the amount of time and energy endurance athletes expend training, he would be too exhausted for any extracurriculars.

Wednesday 3.10.10
AM: core
PM: 12 miles in 81:23
Took a header. It happened in slow motion. Said to myself, I can't believe I'm falling down right now. Second time in two months. Slipped on some mud. I'm partially blaming the ATV that dug up the trail. Good thing about it was I braced myself for impact pretty good. Mud caked in solid under the wedding band but other than that I was up again in a matter of moments and back on the path. Overall, a good (not great) progression run. Made a concerted effort to pick it up at certain points. Glad to be running on trails but I had to slow at points. Things are wet in places. Ended at 6:00 pace. Awesome weather.

Thursday 3.11.10
AM: core
PM: 10+ miles in 78:20
16 x 60 seconds hard w/ 60 seconds recovery.
Hardest part of this run was getting out the door. Wet weather, tired, hungry. Slow warmup. Got to Bird Park and put my head down and did the workout. Felt like I was churnin' butter. Happy I got this one done.

No comments:

Post a Comment