Friday, March 19, 2010

Cutback Week

I knew from the start this was going to be a tough week given that I had to work two nights and one weekend day. Good week for a cutback. Planning for a cutback made it that much easier to handle as it was happening. Main goal: getting ready for the NB 13.1.

One of the benefits of being a runner is that you don't have to invest yourself 100% in others to get your sports fix. If I had to do that on Thursday, I'd be a hurtin' camper. Not the biggest hockey fan, but I was looking forward to that Bruins game. What a pathetic performance. Horrible. Simply horrible. I actually missed watching some of the NCAA tourney for that? At least the b-ball was good.

Monday 3.15.10
PM: 11.5 in 72:33
Beware the Ides of March. Torrential downpours put me on the t'mill. Guess I'm lucky the t'mill wasn't underwater.

The workout: 4 x 1 mile w/ 1 min recovery then 2 x 1/2 mile
The data: 5:27 (56 rec), 5:27 (59 rec), 5:26 (58 rec), 5:28 (39 rec), 2:41 (39 rec), 2:42

Kept the pace aggressive but pretty comfortable overall. I was being a bit cautious. Was thinking about doing more but decided to make a cutback week a cutback week.

Tuesday 3.16.10
PM: 10 in 72:00
What's this? Sun?! Finally. Weather was nice but I felt like dog logs. Glad to get it done.

Wednesday 3.17.10
AM: chiropractor visit
PM: 54 minutes on the bike (outside)
The doctor worked on three areas that needed a little seasoning. Bike was short b/c of evening work obligations.

Thursday 3.18.10
AM: core
PM: 6 in 39:45
Finally, core after a week. My body was missing it, craving it. The 6 spot was strong from the start and the ending 6:19 felt very, very comfortable. A good sign. Got out late so happy for daylight savings time.

Friday 3.19.10
PM: 7.75 in 56:17
Finished the exercise w/ 4 striders. Easy day. Sluggish start. Better at end.

No comments:

Post a Comment