Sunday, March 28, 2010

This Week in Running: 3.22 to 3.28.10

Had some free time on a Saturday night (what's new?) and decided to spruce up the old blog a little bit. It'll be a year old next month. Its birthday is the same day of the Boston Marathon. How fitting. I hope you enjoy the new colors.

Weekly Numbers
60 1/4 miles in 6 runs
50 mins on the bike
5 core workouts
1 lifting routine

Here's what happened this weekend:

Saturday 3.27.10
AM: 12.5 miles in 94:07
4 x 1200m then 2 x 800m w/ 400m recovery between all
3:57, 3:56, 3:57, 3:54; 2:35, 2:32
Had a revelation during the workout. I was doing the repeats about as hard as I could but I couldn't get any faster despite the breathing being fine. My legs just couldn't turnover. I need to do more shorter, quicker stuff. I also need to be careful not to tweak anything. It's my new project. I want to start incorporating some shorter, faster stuff while still protecting the places that may be susceptible to harm. I can do it; I just have to be smart about it. I need to ease my body into the fast stuff incrementally. I need to listen to my body. I've calloused my body to a point where it can handle more miles; now I have to get it ready for miles and speed. This will be a fun challenge. I'm looking forward to it.

Sunday 3.28.10
AM: core and 8 miles in 58:39
An enjoyable run. A stress free run. Legs felt fine after yesterday's track work. I hope to be good for some harder stuff on Monday.

2 comments:

Dave H said...

Great week after New Bedford. How long of a rest did you take for the 400recovery on the Saturday track w/o?

KG said...

Thanks Dave...it was good to get a quality week after NB...the 400 rec was probably about 2 1/2 mins.

Post a Comment