Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Boston Marathon 2010: Spectator Views


Standing at mile 19.9, I managed to take about 40 pictures of marathon runners. You can click here to view the album. There are pictures of CMS, HFC, and Whirlaway runners among others. I also took some video but I've never posted video from my phone so I don't have it ready yet. That may take a while. Unbelievable that Robert the Younger ran sub 2:06. Bob Wiles and I ran part of the course early in the morning and discovered a swirling wind that was ultimately at the runners' backs. In passing we talked about a possible CR but I don't think either one of us thought a 2:05 and change was possible. A good day for running and a great day for spectating.

Congrats to all the finishers. Especially to my sister Kathy who didn't have her best day but hunkered down to finish despite a calf that somehow turned completely black and blue by the end of the run.




No comments:

Post a Comment