Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Momma Said There'd Be Days Like These

Midway through the week and still struggling w/ remnants from the weekend's maladies. The GI issues are flatlining but the lack of energy I felt holistically over Easter has seemed to settle in the legs. They're dead. Absolutely dead. My whole body was still exhausted, dehydrated on Monday so I scrapped the day (and a potentially good workout w/ Ben). That aggravated me but it was probably a good decision. I had to give it a try on Tuesday and managed a little over 6 miles. It took me 61:33 to do it. Slow and ugly. Today was a bit better. Close to 5 in 42:01. My legs are concrete blocks. The rest of the body is feeling better, but the legs got nothing. I'm contemplating if it's even worth it to run when I'm feeling so dead and slow. And I'm trying to go fast; I'll try mini-pickups to try to get at a respectable pace, but I can't maintain.

Monday 4.5.10
Off; not feeling well

Tuesday 4.6.10
AM: core
PM: 6.25 in 61:33

Wednesday 4.7.10
AM: core
PM: 4.75 in 42:01

2 comments:

Al Bernier said...

Could it be mono? Low iron levels?

KG said...

Al: Don't think it's mono. I'm looking into the Fe. Hadn't thought of that. Thanks!

Post a Comment