Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Tempo Run

Wednesday 5.5.10
AM: core
PM: 13 miles in 84:57
A tempo run on trails. Body didn't feel great or particularly spunky but kept pushing pace as best I could through the trails. Lots of stuff in the air; I could feel it accumulating in my eyes. Ended below 6:00 pace, so I'm happy w/ that, especially b/c I ran a similar workout 2 weeks ago and felt great but only ended at 6:04 pace. Tomorrow's plan: to the track.

Monday and Tuesday were easier days.

Monday 5.3.10
AM: core
PM: 14.5 miles in ~1:44
Ben and I ran easy on trails after his 7 Sisters third place showing. Probably around 7:00 pace.

Tuesday 5.4.10
AM: core
PM: 50 minutes on indoor trainer then 4.75 miles in ~34:00
Felt great on the jog. Prolly should've made this the workout day. Oh well.

Analysis: I'm starting to put in more miles on easy days. I feel my body can handle it. For example, last Sunday I logged 14+ when I normally might do only 7-8. 14 might be a little high at this point, but I think I'm ready to do more than 7 on a recovery day. Also, one day a week is usually a straight up bike ride. I'm thinking I might start shortening the bike then getting on the roads for a few easy miles. Not sure if this is smart/makes sense but I might give it a shot. Hoping I'm not recklessly chasing miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment