Monday, May 3, 2010

This Week in Running: 4.26 to 5.2.2010

Key Workouts
Monday 4.26.10
5 x 5 min hard w/ 1 min extra push at end
Did this workout w/ Ben Nephew. It didn't last long but it was tough, esp the last two. Pushing that last 60 seconds really made me feel it. Training w/ Ben is helping. He's got a lot of strength. On those last reps, I just try to hang on.

Wednesday 4.28.10
Progression Run
Started at 7:30 pace and ended at 5:40 pace. Picked up a little each mile over the course of 13. Felt comfortable. Felt good. Nice energy levels. It felt too easy so I tacked an extra mile on at the end.

Thursday 4.29.10
10 x 400m w/ 400m recovery
Hit all the repeats between 72 and 75. A little slow, I thought, but the wind was whipping real strong on the homestretch. I know I need to do more short (sub 400m) speedwork. Will do in prep for Rhody 5k. Must watch legs to make sure they stay strong w/ increased intensity.

Saturday 5.1.10
5k race
Scroll down if you want to check out the full report. Happy to go sub 16:00.

The rest of the week was easy, recovery runs.
I did core work Monday through Thursday and just leg work on Sunday. The Sunday run was an easy 14.75, which is longer than normal on the Sabbath. I like to go a little longer after races. My legs didn't feel half bad. I hit the gym for lifting on Friday.

All in all, the numbers:

65 55/100 miles in 6 runs
70 minutes on the bike (indoor trainer)
4 core workouts
1 lifting sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment