Monday, August 16, 2010

Bridge of Flowers: The Race That Wasn't

The muscle spasm I incurred in my right calf on Thursday never released enough for me to be able to race.  I jogged a warmup hoping the knot would untie itself but that never happened.  If anything, it tightened a little after I stopped.  My mind told me to race; my body told me to scratch.  I did what my body told me to do despite feeling like a wuss.  I rationalized, telling myself that I wouldn't been able to help the team anyway b/c I wouldn't have been able to go all-out.  I think my decision was the right call b/c here I am four days removed from the spasm and still not able to run.  The calf is all kinds of locked up.


Good news is that I was able to cheer on the team and take a few pictures.  The bad news is my camera ran out of batteries after taking only ten.  What a day.  


CMS managed second place by a mere two seconds.  BAA took first and Whirlaway took third.  The guys did a good job of pushing through to the end to eek out a second place finish.  


Click here to see eleven measly pictures.


Below: Bob and DoubleJ between mile one and two.  Bob mentioned that he may have flipped the bird during the race and this picture might capture that moment.



1 comment:

JoKin said...

sorry you weren't able to race, but smart move in the long run. these are the decisions that have to be made to get to the next level.

Post a Comment