Sunday, December 19, 2010

This Week in Running:12.13 to 12.19.2010 and BU Mini Meet

Monday 12.13
AM: core
PM: 13.25 in 93:17
5 x 5 min w/ 1 min recovery
Ben and I did a long warmup before we did the repeats.  Warm enough outside to run in short sleeves.  We killed the last one.
Tuesday 12.14
AM: core w/ calf emphasis
PM: 5.75 in 43:12
Easy jog.
Wednesday 12.15
AM: core
PM: 10.75 in 76:52
8 x 2:30 hard w/ 1:30 recovery
Recovery felt long.  Energy good.  Working on form and rhythm.  The darkness made some of the repeats a little slower than I would've liked. 
Thursday 12.16
AM: core
PM: 10.25 in 75:00
Couldn't get going.  Legs sluggish; stomach not cooperating.
Friday 12.17
AM: core-calves
PM: 2 miles
Easy jog on the treadmill after lifting.





Saturday 12.18
AM: 11.5 miles
BU Mini Meet
3000m time - 9:18
1 mile time - 4:55
After picking up Kevin Tilton in The Wood, we headed directly to BU.  We got there early without any hassle.   The meet was a fun one.  It was good to see a healthy CMS crew in attendance: Jim, Fyffe, Goupil, Hammett, Chris, Kevin, and myself.  I haven't run an indoor race in a few years, but it doesn't take long to get back into the swing of things.
      The 3K was first.  I was seeded in the second heat.  I got out well and ran even splits for the first mile: 75s across the board.  I was in the middle of the pack.  With about 1K to go, Goupil put on a nasty move that I couldn't cover.  The breathing was fine but I couldn't get the legs to turnover any faster.  I really need to work on my cadence and cutting down my stride.  I try but I still need lots of work.  Jim came up on me w/ 800 to go and we battled all the way home.    See the video above for our last lap (thanks to Jim and Krissy for posting it).
     After some jogging w/ Jim and many heats on the 200, the mile was next.  I basically felt the same in the mile as I did the 3K except I fatigued sooner.  I tried to work on my form when I was out there.  The CMS guys shouting at me helped.  I was happy to go sub 5:00.
Overall, a good day for the team.  Fyffe ran a solid 3K; Goupil ran smart and showed everyone how much track speed he has.  Greg showed us all that he is in "pissa" shape w/ a jaw dropping mile time (4:20).  At the very least it was a good workout for the lot of us.


Complete BU Mini Meet Results


Sunday 12.19
AM: 11.75 in 86:05
Finished w/ stride set: striders, butt kicks, high knees, a and b skips
Had a nice run this morning w/ Kevin Tilton.  The conversation made the run fly by and if the legs were a bit heavy.


For the Week
65 1/4 miles on 7 runs
5 core workouts
1 lifting sequence

No comments:

Post a Comment