Sunday, January 16, 2011

This Week in Running: 1.10 to 1.16.11

Mon / 14 in 89:17 / core
Objective: 10 miles in 60:00
Actual: 10 in 60:15
Ben and I did the Foxboro 10 Mile course.  This was a real hard effort; I was pleased that I was able to pretty much maintain pace for the complete 10.  Some of those middle miles are rolling.  The last two are flat and we finished w/ a 5:45.  Our slowest was a 6:15.  I got better today.  
Tues / 6 in 46:46 / core
Easy day.  A relaxing, peaceful, and quiet run.  The calm before the storm.
Wed / 15 in 95:32 / snow removal replaces core
Objective: 3 x 2 miles @ 5:30 pace
Actual: 11:00, 11:00, 11:00 w/ 90-100 sec recovery between each
5 mile warmup, the workout, 5K+ cooldown.  I did a good portion of the last 5K at or below 6:30 pace.  I wanted to get the response of finishing my run on tired legs.  The two mile repeats went well.  
Thursday / 9.25 in 77:58 / core
No energy today.  Another head cold.  My 3rd in 3 months.  Very lethargic.
Friday / lifting / leg core (extra calf work)
No run today.
Saturday / 16.75 in 2:01.33
The mercury made it all the way up to 6 when I left the house for this one.  It didn't seem that cold, though.  I could only feel the temperature toward the end when I was running into a very slight headwind, just enough to freeze the hands.
Sunday / 9.5 in 75:15
Conservative estimate on the mileage.  I was going easy and part of the run was on snow covered trails, which inevitably slows things down.
For the Week
70 1/2 miles in 6 runs
4 core workouts
1 lifting sequence
Analysis: A good week of training.  Monday and Wednesday were the best days.  I've been wanting to hit 70 for a few weeks now so was happy to do that.  Next week will be a cutback week, my first once since I started up the serious training post marathon.  In related news, Jen bought me a Netipot this week.  It better keep me healthy (supposed to be good for flushing out sinus congestion).



2 comments:

mquintal6 said...

Damn KG, was that on the roads?

KG said...

I did it on the t'mill. Not as hardcore as you. I was motivated by your 15 on 1.5.11 and wanted to be that time! I, though, did a workout in the middle of it--kinda cheating, time wise.

Post a Comment