Sunday, February 6, 2011

This Week in Running: 1.31 to 2.6.11

Monday - 10.5 in 77:41   / core
I felt like I bonked before this run even began.  Just had nothing today.  Halfway through I started wondering if yesterday's medium/hard 17 had anything to do with the BONK.  It was epic.

Tuesday - 7 in 50:22 / core w/ calf exercises
Clearing the driveway, oddly enough, seemed to give me energy.  This was the easiest easy run I've had in a long time.

Wednesday - 13 in 84:00 / core
8 x 1/2 mile w/ 1/4 mile recovery.
I did each interval in 2:30.  The quarter recovery at first seemed long, but for the second 4 I had to slow down a little bit to hit the splits.  A good hard workout.  Then more snow/ice removal.  Fun.

Thursday - 12.5 in 85:02
A good tempo run.  It might've been longer than twelve and a half.  In a nice groove today.

Friday - lifting and calf exercises

Saturday - 10 in 83:17
Tried doing some running on the trails.  There's just too much snow, even w/ the microspikes.  The snow running slowed down my time.

Sunday - 15 in 1:44.49
Met up w/ Ben.  Started pretty slow then got going sub 7:00.  Neither one of us were really feeling it.  Bumped into Brian Doldt who was out shoveling his driveway.  Brian was an outstanding runner at Southeastern Voc Tech and then Bridgewater State.

For the Week
68 miles in 6 runs
4 core workouts
1 lifting sequence
Analysis: 2 short of my mileage goal for the week.  It's getting harder and harder to run on the roads.  Snowbanks are high and roads are narrow.  I wanted to race the Stew Chase this Sunday but the race director postponed it due to unsafe conditions (see prior sentence).  I had been looking forward to racing for a while so hearing of the postponement (thanks Jim) put a damper on my weekend training.

No comments:

Post a Comment