Sunday, February 27, 2011

This Week in Running: 2.21 to 2.27.11

The week of the left arch.  Every step I took this week was a hammer pounding into my left arch, down by the heel.  It stiffened right after the race (Foxboro 10) last Sunday and hasn't relented yet.

Monday - 14.5 in 1:45.36 / core
Left arch stiff at start.  Only loosened slightly over fourteen.
Tuesday - 10 in 73:00 / core
Arch not getting better.
Wednesday - 13 in 98:21
Called the chiro post run.
Thursday - off
Chiro visit.  It's not the plantar fascia; it's the tendon that runs from the big toe up into the calf.
Friday - 12.5 in 85:32 /  core
Too ambitious?  Arch still painful but much more manageable until about 7 miles when I brought the pace down.  The pain slowly exacerbated over the next couple miles to the point where I had to cut the run short.
Saturday - 2 hour bike
Arch sore all day.
Sunday - 90 minute bike / core

For the Week
50 1/2 miles in 4 runs
3 1/2 hours on the bike
4 core workouts
Analysis: Really wanted to hit 75 miles this week but the arch wasn't cooperating.  I think I overdid it on Friday when it started to feel good. Overdid it to the point where it now might be worse than before.  It's very stiff.  I will continue to ice, heat, massage.  New Bedford will be here soon so I can't spend too much time on the shelf.

No comments:

Post a Comment