Monday, February 14, 2011

This Week in Running: 2.7 to 2.13.10

Boston.com put up a list of "ultimate workout songs."  Click here to check it out.  The list is mostly cliched, overdone crap in my humble opinion, but there a couple goodies.  The best surprise was this video from the Pointer Sisters which incorporates some old school track and field footage.  Plus, the Pointer Sisters--there's just something hot about them.




Monday - 10.25 in 70:07 / core
Felt better as the run progressed.  Pace got faster too.  There just wasn't anywhere to run, so Ben and I called it a day once we hit double digits.

Tuesday - 6 in 45:00 / core (calf emphasis)
Exhausted.  Felt like I was going to throw (I didn't.).

Wednesday - 9 in      / core
Nine is the actual number of miles but the equivalent is probably more because I was breaking trail/running on top of frozen snow for a good portion of the run.  This was fun.  It was like a game trying not to fall through the snow.  When I go through, I was in it to my mid-thigh.

Thursday - 10 in 81:27 / core
10 x hard strides
10 x short hill bursts
Cold and feeling like crap.  Short hill bursts were the best part of today.

Friday - lifting / leg core (calf emphasis)

Saturday - 7 in 57:11
Well, this didn't go as planned.  I ended up running about 10 less than I would've liked.  The GI issues (I think I have a virus or a stomach bug) are exhausting my legs anytime I try to run.  Frustrating.  My legs and head want to go, but the rest of my body doesn't.  This is where I start to fear that I'm losing fitness b/c this week has sucked.

Sunday - 7 in 76:40
To be fair, I did do part of this run on snow-covered trails while wearing microspikes.  To be fair, it still sucked.  I have no energy right now.  If I still feel like this in a week, I going to the doctor.  For now, I will continue to avoid pharmaceuticals.

For the Week
49 1/4 miles in 6 runs
5 core workouts
1 lifting sequence
Analysis: Low for the year.  First time under fifty in a while.  Bad week.  You know it's bad when your weekend total doesn't equal your goal for one of your weekend runs.  Presently, I am fighting the urge not to double and hit the treadmill.  I am not doing that--will do not that--because everytime I start to run my stomach starts to do front springs and backward somersaults.

1 comment:

Jeff Goupil said...

Hey man don't sweat a bad week. Its better to take it easy then try to kill yourself when you dont fell well. get better and see ya at New Bedford

Post a Comment