Sunday, April 24, 2011

This Week in not Running: 4.18 to 4.24.11

Monday - bike 100 min / core
biked in 2 sessions; pre and post marathon
Tuesday - bike 90 min / core
Wednesday - bike 60 min / core
Thursday - bike 40 min + elliptical 40 min
Friday - lift / leg core
Saturday - bike 60 min
Sunday - bike 65 min
For the Week
bike 415 mins
elliptical 40 min
4 core workouts
1 lift
Analysis: Went to Mika for treatment on the left foot.  Due to the slow recovery rate, the diagnosis has evolved into a split tear of the plantar fascia or FHL tendon.  This is bad news.  Very bad.  This injury could take up to 6 MONTHS to heal.  Bad news.  I can just feel myself getting more and more out of shape which every passing day.
Good news: I can participate in activities that keep the heel flat like the bike and elliptical.  Good news: I'm already 2 months into this debacle.  Mika also gave two suggestions: 1) a slight heel lift to place in my shoe and 2) a "sole" cushion insert that will allow for better cushion under the arch/heel where I'm feeling the pain.

3 comments:

DoubleJ said...

YIKES!!!!!

mrn said...

so sorry to hear you're injured...i actually came on here to ask if you wanted to participate in a karhu wear test/data collection session next week but it sounds like you're out! i'm still looking for two guys who wear size 9 who would be willing to participate in a 45-minute session on next wednesday the 4th at the boston athletic club. if you know of anyone could you please email me (or have them email me) at meagan.nedlo@karhu.com. it would be a huge help. thanks and best wishes for your recovery!

KG said...

Meagan: thanks for thinking of me. I'll send the word out about the wear test. Keep up the good training.

Post a Comment