Thursday, June 2, 2011

Core Workout Videos

The June issue of Running Times featured an article by Jay Johnson on general strength maintaince. If you know me, you know I'm a fan of core work.  Below is a link to five videos of a progressive routine designed to help runners improve their general strength.

http://www.runningtimes.com/Article.aspx?ArticleID=16625

I do believe that core work has kept me pretty healthy.  Consider this: my foot injury occurred in the one area in which I do not perform general strength drills: the bottom of my foot.  I have since learned to increase the frequency of calf and heel exercises (various types of toe/heel raises) to improve strength in this area.  I am also discovering that single foot toe/heel raises are more effective than performing the exercise with both legs.

1 comment:

Glenn said...

Thanks for the vids!

Post a Comment