Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Training Week: 5.23 to 5.29.11

Training Summary:
346 mins on the bike
120 mins on the elliptical
4 1/4 miles of easy jogging
4 core workouts + 2 with extra calf emphasis

Baby steps.  Getting there.  I have been wearing KT tape on the left foot.  I don't know if it's helping but it isn't hurting.  I continue to massage the foot with a spiked ball (thanks Kathy) and a rolling stick.  Lots of cold treatment too. 

Kinda funny anecdote: I was doing a very slow jog around the perimeter of a park on Sunday morning and a lady walking her pooch stopped me and said, "Wow! What a workout!"  No lie, I probably wasn't breaking ten minute miles and was trying to do this "workout" incognito so nobody would see me going so slowly.  Then, when I got on my bike to leave, she saw me again.  "Wow!  Triathalon man! You're unbelievable!"  Very nice, garralous lady, but c'mon.  If this is what the general public thinks about exercise and fitness, then we are in big trouble.  I can only image what she would say if she saw Ben and I doing 6 x 5 min hard with a 1 min all out kicker all through the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment